We’re sure this will come as no surprise….but here at Jacobs & Dalton, we are obsessed with Autumn and all things cosy! In fact, it’s our favourite time of year! We are so excited to welcome the ‘ber’ months and so we wanted to share with you our top tips on how to prepare for autumn, staying cosy and what you can do to keep the whole family entertained when the chillier days start to creep in!
Preparing your home
One of the best things about autumn is that you can start to decorate your home for the cooler seasons. There are lots of ways to do this, and it’s a great way to get into the autumn spirit.
One of the easiest ways to decorate your home for autumn is by adding some autumn-themed decorations. You can find these in most stores, or you could make your own. Some ideas include autumn leaves, acorns, pumpkins and spiders.
If you have children, you could also get them involved in decorating for autumn. There are lots of fun activities that they can do, like making leaf crafts or carving pumpkins. It’s a great way to spend time together and create some lasting memories.
Another way to decorate your home for autumn is by adding some cosy elements. This could include adding throws and blankets to your sofas, adding more cushions or installing a fireplace. Decorating with sheepskin is a great way to keep cosy, sheepskin is a natural insulator so it will keep you warm on those chilly autumn days and evenings. One of our favourite hacks is to use one of our gorgeous rugs as a throw over a sofa or an armchair, this instantly gives a cosy atmosphere to your living space!
With the cost of living ever rising, now is the time to look into ways you can keep warm without turning the heating on. Sheepskin is a great way to keep toasty as it has thermoregulating and insulating properties.
What better way to enjoy an autumnal night than watching a film in your loungewear and sheepskin slippers? Light some candles to create a relaxing atmosphere and make sure you have plenty of snacks and drinks to hand so you can enjoy a cosy night in!
So if you’re looking for ways to decorate your home for autumn, don’t worry – there are plenty of options! Try out a few and see which ones you like best.
Staying warm and cosy
With autumn just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about what to wear. The weather is starting to get colder, so it’s important to choose clothes that will keep you warm.
One of the best things about autumn is that you can wear lots of layers. Start by wearing a T-shirt or shirt, and then add a jumper, cardigan or jacket on top. If you’re going to be outside for a while, make sure you have a coat to keep you warm.
Another great thing about autumn fashion is that it’s all about comfort. So don’t be afraid to wear cosy clothes like sheepskin boots and jackets. They’ll keep you warm on those chilly autumn days. Our sheepskin boots are not only durable, practical and easy to keep clean but they are also incredibly comfortable and warm. They are for sure our favourite autumnal footwear!
Finally, don’t forget about accessories. A scarf or hat can make a big difference in keeping you warm, and they also look stylish too! So why not experiment with different autumn styles and see what works best for you?
Getting out and about
There are lots of fun things to do in autumn, and it’s a great time to get out and explore. Here are some ideas:
1. Go for a walk in the park. There’s nothing quite like autumn leaves crunching under your feet, and the parks are usually at their most beautiful this time of year. If you’re someone who loves the outdoors, make the most of the autumn weather by going for walks in the crisp, fresh air. Wrap up warm in your sheepskin boots, scarf and hat, and enjoy the changing colours of the leaves. Why not go on a nature walk and collect some leaves and acorns to take home with you?
2. Collect conkers. Autumn brings an abundance of treasures and conkers are one of them! Whether you have children or not, collecting conkers can be fun for everyone! We love using them to decorate our homes for the season. We have a whole blog post on the best places to find conkers in North Yorkshire and what you can do with them at home, you can read this here.
3. Visit a pumpkin patch. A pumpkin patch is a great place to go in autumn, and there’s usually lots of activities to keep the kids entertained. You could also pick up some pumpkins to decorate your home with.
4. Have a bonfire party. What’s more autumnal than a bonfire party? Gather your friends and family round a warm fire, and enjoy toasting marshmallows whilst watching a magnificent firework display.
5. Go apple picking. Apple picking is a fun autumn activity, and you can usually buy fresh apples straight from the orchard. And what’s a better autumnal recipe than a delicious apple pie?
Autumn is a great time to get cosy and enjoy the changing weather. There are lots of things you can do to prepare for autumn, including wearing warm clothes, decorating your home with autumn-themed decorations, and enjoying some fun activities. We’ve provided some ideas on how to prepare for autumn, so why not try out a few and see which ones you like best?
Whatever your plans for autumn, make sure you take some time to enjoy the season and all it has to offer!